I’m very honoured to be awarded with a Liebster award from Roz over at The Foodie Couple Blog. ‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘dearest’ and the award, given by bloggers to bloggers, is an international way of recognising and promoting blogs. In order to claim the award I’m required to fulfil the following tasks:
- List eleven random facts about myself
- Answer the eleven questions given to me by Roz at The Foodie Couple Blog
- Set eleven new questions for my own Liebster Award nominees
So here are the eleven facts about me
- My name is Laura, named after my paternal grandparent who’s name was Nora but my mum refused outright to name me that because it was too old-fashioned.
- I work in events for a not-for-profit at the moment, but my previous jobs have included events and marketing for a group of bars, receptionist at a place that trains missionaries, and information worker at a sexual health clinic.
- I have a teddy bear that once held up a plane (it’s a long story).
- I once followed a band to all four of their UK dates with a group of friends – we saw five shows (during their break we went to see the support guy do a solo show). In five days we visited Manchester twice, Glasgow, Birmingham and London.
- I went through a phase of baking cakes that involved alcohol in the recipe – my favourite was a red velvet cake involving bourbon.
- I’m left-handed and always get a bit over enthusiastic when I meet a fellow lefty.
- I haven’t lived in a house with a functioning TV/aerial for nearly 1.5 years. In that time I’ve made my way through House, The Tudors and currently watching Sons of Anarchy. The only thing I miss is Question Time and watching Twitter alongside it.
- I love stories – my favourite type of novel is a coming of age story and I went to the cinema 74 times last year.
- I live with my landlady’s two cats, Finn and Maps.
- I’ve been blogging in various guises for over 10 years, but most of them were more personal ramblings – I’m not sure they’ve changed all that much!
- I have a lactose intolerance (no it’s not just a bit of bloating) which I frequently ignore to my own discomfort.
And here are my answers to the questions from Roz…
What would your last meal be, if you were on death row?
I’d request a sort of tapas style of the following; venison, grilled halloumi, mini BBQ ribs, baby carrots, roasted veg with sea salt & cheese and a hunk of fresh bread, still warm from the oven. A Clover Club or Old Fashioned to drink. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably pick something else.
Would you rather live in the city or country side and why?
City, without a doubt. I love that there’s so much going on in a city; so many interesting things to see and do and eat and drink. I really enjoy visiting family who live in the countryside, but I can’t imagine living there all the time.
Describe yourself in 3 words
Excitable, thoughtful and curious
What would be your ideal job?
I really enjoy learning, writing and organising things so events and marketing is pretty spot on for me. I’d love to have the discipline to be an author, but I don’t think I’d want to do that full time.
Which 3 famous people would you invite for dinner, living or dead
The philosopher Michel Foucault, Mary Berry and Jennifer Lawrence.
What kind of music do you like?
Pretty varied really, but somewhere along the alternative lines. I’m a pop-punk/emo girl at heart – New Found Glory, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World are all favourites.
Cats or Dogs?
Both – I live with my landlady’s two cats, I had cats growing up (and hamsters, fish and rabbits), but I’m a fan of both. That said if you check social media there are more cat photos.
What is your guilty pleasure?
KFC Hot Wings.
If you were a Disney character, which would you be and why?
A mixture of Mulan and Belle from Beauty and the Beast but for her bookishness!
What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve been blogging on and off for over 10 years. Back then it was very much about personal journals and so mine was the usual teenager ramblings. I started Full to the Brum after working in marketing and events for a group of bars and restaurants and was frustrated that I knew of all these great events and places but there weren’t enough people shouting about them. It also saves me having to tell people the same story – and gives me an excuse for photographing my dinner. I still have a blog for more miscellaneous ramblings.
So that’s enough about me. I’m nominating the following bloggers for a Liebster Award…
and the questions for them are…
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What was the last thing you cooked?
- What made you start blogging?
- What do you blog about? What do you NOT blog about?
- What’s the one thing you don’t leave the house without (key, phone and purse/wallet excluded)?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What was your last earworm (song stuck in your head)?
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- What is your greatest achievement so far and why?
- What is your favourite drink (alcoholic or not)?
Looking forward to reading everyone’s 11 random facts and responses to the questions – let me know when they’re up!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin