News, Pop Ups and Streetfood

What’s Your Biggest Craving…?

Mini Cravings are the latest product to join The Laughing Cow family and they’re designed to offer a satisfying nibble when you’re craving something but don’t want to spoil your appetite.  They come in a range of flavours, including original, smoked cheese and garlic & herb.  They’re also 14 calories a square and my calorie-conscious mother has already tried them and given them her seal of approval – she had a couple right before lunch and I was a bit worried, thankfully they really didn’t spoil her appetite but did give her enough energy to wander around some shoe shops first.

minicravings

Ahead of their Cravings Cube rolling into Birmingham this weekend to launch the Mini Cravings range, the team at The Laughing Cow decided to play cravings genie, promising to satisfy my cravings after posing the question to me “What’s Your Biggest Craving”.  For someone who is pretty much constantly curious (and not just about food), this is a terrible question.  After discounting things like Bernard’s Watch to stop time, one of those Matrix plug-in thingies so I can learn everything, or a pet dinosaur, I realised that by biggest cravings were pretty simple – and food and drink related, obviously.

coffee and waffles

Having just moved into a flat and gained a kitchen of my own, I’ve found myself wistfully coveting kitchen gadgets, to the point where my mum will often find me wandering off to gaze at them when we meet up to go shopping.  As someone who spends a lot of time busy doing things and not enough time sleeping, I’m always crazing lazy mornings with good breakfasts.  I have a total weakness for disco coffees (coffee with some sort of sugary flavouring) which I indulge a little too much on my way to work when I’ve decided to press snooze one too many times.  Plus my new flat means that my mum and her husband sometimes pop in on their weekend cycling trips for a coffee, so good coffee is an absolute requirement in my home.  I’ve been eying up a proper coffee machine for weeks now so I can save my pennies and make my own disco coffees at home, but I’ve been buying practical things like bookcases instead.

waffles and ice cream

And you know how the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I love nothing more than treating myself to something a little indulgent at the weekend.  Ever since I stayed in a hotel which had its own waffle maker I’ve been wanting a waffle maker of my very own.  Ordinarily I prefer savoury over sweet, but waffles and maple syrup (with streaky bacon if I remember to buy it) is a gloriously indulgent breakfast.  Until now, I just used to buy the pre-made ones, but always fancied having a go at my own.  They’re also pretty nifty with a few scoops of ice cream for pudding too.

The Laughing Cow’s Cravings Cube has been touring the country and will be rolling into The Bullring this Saturday and Sunday, 22-23 August 2015, to offer you the chance to play the cube and possibly win some great prizes, check out the mini cravings range and try out the Mini Cravings too.  Check out The Laughing Cow Facebook page for photos from previous visits too.

caving cube locations

So what have you been craving?

Disclosure: This post was in collaboration with The Laughing Cow.  As always, they are my honest opinions…and my mum really did eat the cheese right before we left for lunch. I also resisted any urges to make jokes about how my surname sounds a bit like cravin’.

You may also like

15 Comments

• Reply Jo

Desire having a sweet tooth my cravings are generally savoury and currently seaside fish n chips.

August 17, 2015 at 10:29 pm
    • Reply Laura

Usually mine are too. Going to see if I can make some savoury waffles soon!

August 18, 2015 at 9:58 am
  • Reply Lizzie

Oh this is fun! You’ve got me thinking about food cravings now – and cheese – craving cheese. Cheesy food. Oh blimey. This is going to end in a calorific way!

And how good are your waffles? They look like actual shop-made ones. Well impressed!

August 17, 2015 at 10:30 pm
    • Reply Laura

Thanks Lizzie…I was really impressed with how they looked too. Glad to hear you were having fun thinking about cravings – and cheese ones at that!

August 18, 2015 at 9:59 am
  • Reply Laura Hartley

I’m really surprised that there are only 14 calories per cube! Maybe they’re a lot smaller than they look in the photo but that seems pretty good to me! Will look out for these on the shelves 🙂

Laura @ What’s Hot?

August 21, 2015 at 8:38 am
    • Reply Laura

A fellow Laura – hello! I was quite surprised too; they’re about the size of a stock cube, so even two or three is enough to satisfy a craving…my mum managed two before lunch and she doesn’t eat huge portions generally.

August 21, 2015 at 8:47 am
  • Reply Anni moody

Ooo this is hard, I indulge my sweet tooth far too much & always have some sort of food on me. I want to say dairy drinks, like milkshake, or lassi, smoothies & yogurts. That tends to be where I get distracted in supermarkets. Especially banana and toffee flavoured things!

August 21, 2015 at 10:53 am
    • Reply Laura

Ooh, I might try and make banoffe waffles – thanks for the inspiration Anni!

August 21, 2015 at 2:32 pm
  • Reply John Paddington

Definitely cheese… I’ve been known to midnight snack on cheese!

August 21, 2015 at 12:29 pm
    • Reply Laura

I know just the right cheese for that! 😉

August 21, 2015 at 1:53 pm
  • Reply Beccy

A good bit of white toast with plenty of butter does me…or maybe cheese on toast (but only if my mum makes it!)

August 21, 2015 at 3:40 pm
    • Reply Laura

I’m with you on a good bit of toast with proper butter, something so simple but delicious about it!

August 21, 2015 at 3:42 pm
  • Reply Georgia

I’m such a huge savoury craver, recently for me it’s been lasagne! I have to be in the right mood for sweet things. Your waffles look amazing, my mum onc gave me her old waffle maker but I was terrified to use it!!

August 22, 2015 at 7:14 am
    • Reply Laura

Thanks – but if you still have the waffle maker, have a go – it’s really simple, a bit like those cheese toastie machines.

August 25, 2015 at 7:31 am
  • Reply Sian

Laughing cow cheese take me back to when I was little. At one point they were all I would eat. Right now I can’t get enough strawberries though, a lovely summer snack.

August 23, 2015 at 4:32 pm